VP, Translational Research
Aileron Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced scientist to provide scientific and operational leadership of the Translational Biology/Pharmacology function, including cell and molecular biology and translation of preclinical in vivo disease models to support human clinical trials. This position will oversee in vitro and in vivo Pharmacology and build and lead a team of experienced PhD-level Scientists and Research Associates.
- Provide scientific and operational leadership to all Translational Biology activities to ensure aggressive timelines are achieved with the highest scientific rigor
- Build and maintain an organization of scientific and leadership talent that is world-class in Translational Biology, blending a mix of strong scientific instincts with an ability to work on multi-disciplinary project teams
- Foster an environment for employee growth and development. Mentor and coach Scientists and Research Associates
- Develop pharmacodynamic and patient stratification biomarkers to support the advancement of programs into the clinic and on through development and commercialization
- Identify new therapeutic opportunities, including combination, and select the optimal clinical strategy for new programs
- Think strategically about drug development and drive innovative solutions to key translational challenges across the company
- Contribute to the preparation of regulatory filings and interactions
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Biology or Pharmacology and 15+ years of experience managing translational pharmacology aspects of multiple small molecules in oncology
- A track record of success in small biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Scientific leadership and hands-on expertise in developing lead compounds from lead identification through clinical development in collaboration with clinical development colleagues
- Strong management skills with 5+ years managing a team or group of scientists and experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong publication record and experience in presenting research to existing and prospective stakeholders as well as external scientific audiences.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on knowledge of how to plan for and execute, at the detailed level, the movement of a potential drug from early discovery through clinical development
- The ability to motivate a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, evidenced by successfully managing and mentoring talent
- The ability to partner and collaborate both internally and externally
- Leadership experience working with external collaborators
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and opinions
- Strategic, leadership and hands on problem solving skills
Aileron has an engaging culture of innovation and team work and we are continuing to build a top-tier team to rapidly advance our programs in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We offer a robust benefits package including premium health/dental plans with industry leading company contribution, 401(k) retirement plan, incentive stock options, 3 weeks vacation, frequent catered lunches, and professional and career development.
Please forward your CV/resume to
Aileron Therapeutics, Inc. 281 Albany Street, Cambridge, MA 02139